2011/09/19

A Long And Healthy Life, Keep The Score




Want to live longer and healthier? Keeping Score will help you do so. Let me explain how.

Remember when you were in school and you got your report card? You will see the quality and realize how you did this past semester. If you did it well, you received positive reinforcement for good work. If you have not done as good as you wanted, you have any comments on areas for improvement. Optimal health is like
being in school. But this time you're judged on risk factors that reflect your lifestyle and health practices.

Risk data represent you and a specific disease that the health professionals to help assess your current health and future. Each risk factor is like a piece of a puzzle that is your health...

Each risk factor that you are more likely to die prematurely. Many risk factors overlap and are common to many diseases. The five most common are:

eat healthy

• Smoking

• Questions of weight / obesity

• Sports

• Air pollution

Other risk factors include:

• High Blood Pressure

• High Cholesterol

• Low HDL Cholesterol

• High triglycerides

• High lipoprotein

• Stress

• Diabetes

• Race

• Age

• Geography

• Family history

• Poor hygiene

Lifestyle changes are the most effective to mitigate the risks. It is therefore important to identify and regularly review the risk factors that are most important for your optimal health. Meet your health care provider and review of medical history, you and your medical profile. Determine the risk factors, you should watch how you will monitor and how often. This is your optimal health card report. Name and make sure you keep score on questions and you have the most influence on your health. When your score is not on the label make the necessary changes to get your life back on track.

I'll teach you how to keep score, no doubt saved the lives...
Since I had high blood pressure medication, and that does not regularly check your blood pressure and heart rate at rest. One day, I notice that my blood pressure was normal, but my resting heart rate is above normal. My resting heart rate is usually 50-55, but today was 85 this is still within the normal range for most people. But it was not normal for me. While working out during the day, I realized that I became breathless and tired more quickly than usual, while running slower than normal. I checked my pulse in the morning and was still in the 80s so I went to see my doctor. During the visit, we discovered that I had arterial fibrillation or cardiac arrhythmias. People with FIB, as it is called, are at risk of stroke. Protocol is to prescribe an anticoagulant to reduce this risk. If I had to keep score and follow-up their own numbers on a regular basis I would be a great state of stroke and not know it.

Six months after my heart rate returned to normal and I stopped taking blood thinners. But even keeping score following my heart rate at rest. If I can return to the FIB to manage the risks.

Remember that standard is not optimal. What happens to most people is what is normal. It 'very common for men to have a heart attack for women 72 and 76 neither are optimal. To live longer and healthier, we must move from a normal sub-optimal.

No comments:

Post a Comment